Why Are So Many People Drinking Craft Beer?
There are many aspects that contribute to the growing popularity of craft beer and the emergence of local microbreweries is a sure sign that the demand for great tasting beer is on the rise. Let’s examine a few of the reasons that craft beer is grabbing the attention it is.
- It’s all in the taste – Every beer drinker is unique in terms of their preferences and when you encounter a premium craft beer, it is usually a profound moment! You might be a cold lager fan, enjoying that crispy twang you get with a craft pilsner or lager beer and when looking at craft beer in New Zealand, you are spoilt for choice, with quite a few microbreweries already in operation.
- Online shopping – It’s never been easier to order your favourite craft beer; simply Google ‘microbreweries near me’ and you can browse a great selection of locally brewed craft beers and order a mixed selection at very affordable prices.
- More for your dollar – Simply put, the prices of craft beer are such that they compare very favourably with the beers you find on the supermarket shelves. Craft beer is a win-win for the consumer; premium taste, natural ingredients and for a reasonable price! Sit down and work out what you currently spend on beer in a month and you might be surprised, while switching to bottles and cans of craft beer is sure to save you some money.
- Supporting local businesses – If you needed additional reasons for drinking craft beer, supporting your local community is right up there; local microbreweries are staffed and managed by people who live in your community and it is a nice feeling knowing that your beer orders are helping a local business to be successful.
- Meeting like-minded people – Aside from marketing their products online, the microbrewery would have an in-house drinking venue where beer drinkers can meet and enjoy great beer in a warm and inciting ambience. If you fancy an evening session, find out where your nearest microbrewery is situated and check for opening times. Many have had to close their doors during the pandemic, yet we hope that 2022 sees the end of restrictions and we can all get back to a normal life.
If you love the taste of good beer and have yet to encounter locally produced craft beer, Google is your best friend and can take you to the website of a local microbrewery where you can order a mixed selection pack.