Looking for strategy planning software for your business? Check this guide!
Strategic planning & effective execution – These two aspects concern every business and organizations. Managers and leaders often fail to collaborate with executives as expected of them, and that’s often due to the lack of an appropriate system. As the name suggests, strategy planning software is a specialized tool that helps management in identifying and defining strategies and goals, and offers a platform to track collaboration and work. Right from the point of formulation to execution and beyond, strategy planning software allows work to happen. If you are wondering what to look for when considering strategy planning software, we have a guide below that may come in handy.
Expected and relevant features that matter
As with any product, not all strategy planning software apps are the same, so the features can be different from one another.
At the very least, you can expect the following –
- Strategy map. The software should allow the managers to create a clear roadmap for their plans with ability to define strategy.
- An interactive interface. This is particularly necessary for collaborations. The interface has to be such that more executives have a clear idea of what they are expected to do and how they should use the strategy planning software for tracking work, adding updates, and checking progress.
- Ability to track milestones. There is no point of using a strategy planning software if you are incapable of tracking growth. Make sure that you can break down a plan and respective KPIs into milestones for easier reporting.
- Reporting and notifications. One of the key features of a good app is effective reporting and ability to send notifications. This is necessary not just for corrective measures, but also to get updates, so that action can be taken in real time.
- Integration with other apps. It is also necessary to check if the software can integrate with some of the common apps that employees and executives use, such as Google Docs, Box, Dropbox, Slack, and One Drive.
Don’t miss the onboarding process
If you have figured out an app, the next step is to discuss the onboarding process, which has to be as seamless as possible. Also, keep an eye on how the developers plan to help with that. Many companies now offer dedicated managers for clients, and with an onboarding accelerator, the process of implementing a strategy planning app shouldn’t be a hard task. Sort the best software apps now!